Perplexed by the sheer number of auto insurance sources that you can choose from? Lot’s of other drivers are too. You have so many sources to choose from that it can quickly become hard work to find better auto insurance rates. Everyone knows Springer is a great place to live, but expensive auto insurance premiums can make it hard for many drivers to be able to buy decent coverage.
Performing a rate comparison can be exhausting if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way to do it. You could spend your day driving to insurance companies in Springer, or you can utilize the web to get the quickest rates.
Many of the larger companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and every company can give them a price based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms to every company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is that consumers can’t choose which carriers you want pricing from. So if you want to select specific providers to compare prices, we have a page of the cheapest auto insurance companies in New Mexico. Click here for list of insurance companies in New Mexico.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just do your best to enter nearly identical coverage limits for every company. If you are comparing differing limits it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison in Springer.
Smart consumers can lower your rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Increase deductibles to save – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a dented fender, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Marriage can lower premiums – Your spouse can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. It translates into being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Do you have enough liability? – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Does car insurance cost less for females? – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Males and females get in accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Use one insurance company and save – The majority of insurers afford a discount to policyholders that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Incidental coverages may not be needed – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- More traffic equals higher rates – Residing in less populated areas of the country can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Less people means reduced accidents.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The more you drive your car in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Auto insurance policy discounts
Some providers don’t always list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a driver safety class could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks on the web.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you with some auto insurance companies.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, driver’s education, multiple policy, safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, and passive restraint.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, good student, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, seat belt use, military active duty, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for teen driver, driver training, 55 and older, defensive driver, theft prevention, and early bird.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
Check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Springer. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Springer, click here to view.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers or delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered many ideas to get a better price on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting . You may even find the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional detailed information is available at the New Mexico Insurance Division website. New Mexico consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, view a list of available companies, view agent and company licensing information, and read industry bulletins.