I can’t think of anyone who likes having to buy auto insurance, especially when the price is too high. Lots of insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the best rate
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Finding affordable coverage in Tamarac is quite easy. Florida drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to get comparison rates online.
Don’t miss these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- E-sign – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Tamarac, click here.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison in Tamarac, FL
Getting a lower price on insurance is actually quite simple. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time to compare quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the simplest ways to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for every auto insurance company. A single, simple form will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- Another way to compare prices requires a trip to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare USAA, Allstate and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Tamarac, click here.
- The least efficient way of comparing rate quotes is to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the personal advice of a local Tamarac agent. Drivers can comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just compare the exact same coverage information for each comparison quote. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to determine the best price in Tamarac.
Lower your Tamarac Auto Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Having a bad credit rating is a important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your by improving your credit score.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Florida motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as judges, social workers and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates due to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death and membership fees are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What are Florida no-fault laws?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Compare online but buy from a local Tamarac agent
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can answer important questions and give you peace of mind. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local businesses is especially important in Tamarac.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Tamarac who will battle for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to your email. Now that’s easy!
Best car insurance agent in Tamarac
When researching an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agents can either be captive or independent (non-captive). Both types can do a good job, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you include at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Tamarac who may be able to give you rate quotes.
Value Added Insurance Svc Inc – 7739 Southampton Ter # 405 – Tamarac, FL 33321 – (954) 722-8122
Zubero Insurance Group – 4620 W Commercial Blvd # 6a – Tamarac, FL 33319 – (954) 777-0027
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of captive insurance agencies in Tamarac that can give you price quote information.
Allstate Insurance – 7300 W Mcnab Rd # 213 – Tamarac, FL 33321 – (954) 726-5040
For a full directory of captive agencies in Tamarac, visit this link.
Deciding on a car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How are they compensated?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Once you have reasonable responses for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that will service your policy.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Florida consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you change to their company.
How can each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver they prefer to insure. An example of a desirable insured might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and has great credit. Any driver who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to the requirements will have to pay higher prices which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers should get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
We just presented many ways to get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper auto insurance can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Tamarac agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Florida auto insurance information
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida is located on the website for the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation located here. Visitors are able to report car insurance fraud, find disaster information, and find out which companies have the most complaints.