Having to pay for expensive auto insurance can consume your checking account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Drivers have many insurers to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Auto insurance quotes comparison
Most companies provide price estimates from their websites. Getting online quotes is pretty painless as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Upon sending the form, their system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information determined by many factors. Online price estimates makes it easy to compare insurance prices but the time it takes to visit different websites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find lower prices.
A less time-consuming method to lower your rates utilizes a single form that obtains quotes from multiple companies. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online shopping much more efficient. After sending the form, it gets priced and you are able to buy any one of the resulting price quotes.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and may save quite a bit of money.
To compare pricing, simply click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in your coverages as shown on your current policy. This ensures you’re receiving a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Get affordable Gladstone auto insurance with discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you .
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Gladstone may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Gladstone Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles may allow you to get lower auto insurancerates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts include:
Check with each company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies everywhere. To choose insurers with significant discounts in Gladstone, click this link.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A lot of people prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important especially in Gladstone.
By using this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Car insurance agents in Gladstone come in two varieties
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents can either be captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Gladstone who may provide price quotes.
Byron Bettles Insurance – 15 82nd Dr – Gladstone, OR 97027 – (503) 652-5973
Bob Thompson Insurance – 19630 Mcloughlin Blvd – Gladstone, OR 97027 – (503) 655-0909
Captive agencies can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Captive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a short list of captive agents in Gladstone who can help you get price quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 19155 Mcloughlin Blvd – Gladstone, OR 97027 – (503) 657-3111
To select from agents near you, visit this complete selection of auto insurance providers in Gladstone, OR.
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Gladstone?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
After you get positive responses to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Oregon?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Choices you make can reduce your costs
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower rates.
Listed below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine prices.
- Do you really need to file that claims? – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Oregon provide lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- City dwellers may pay more – Choosing to live in a rural area can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
- Is insurance coverage cheaper for females or males? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Females and males cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Higher rates for demanding occupations – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupational choices like military personnel, executives and financial analysts tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Other jobs like actors, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Deter theft and pay less – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Systems that thwart theives like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Truth in auto insurance advertising
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate consistently run ads in print and on television. They all seem to convey the message that drivers will save a bundle if you just switch to their company. It sounds good, but how can they all say the same thing? Here is the trick they use.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that will not have excessive claims. A good example of this type of driver should be over the age of 35, has no claims, and does not commute to work. Someone who matches those parameters will probably get cheap car insurance rates as well as save when they switch companies.
Drivers who are not a match for these stringent criteria will be quoted more expensive rates with the end result being business going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save the amount stated. That’s why insurance companies can advertise the savings.
Because every company is different, you need to compare often. It’s not possible to predict the company that will have the lowest rates.
Don’t give up on lower rates
A few companies may not have rates over the internet regional carriers sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance is definitely available online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding . Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
More Oregon auto insurance information
More information can be found on the . Click here for link. Visitors are able to view a list of available companies, read consumer alerts, discover disciplinary actions, and find disaster information.
These articles may also be worth reading.