Did you make the mistake of buying an overpriced car insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. There is such a variety of insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to locate the cheapest rates.
You should take the time to quote other rates on a regular basis because rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the easiest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Finding affordable coverage in Goodland is not that difficult. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Kansas drivers just need to learn the most efficient way to shop their coverage around online.
Discounts for affordable car insurance rates
Some providers don’t necessarily list every possible discount very clearly, so the below list has both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you . If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to scrutinize where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Distant College Student Discount – who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Theft Deterent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will help lower the cost of coverage.
Some of the larger companies that have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Kansas, click here to view.
First Step: Get free car insurance quotes
Most companies allow consumers to get coverage prices directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons is easy for anyone because you just enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. Once entered, the company’s rating system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. Online price estimates simplifies rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit different websites and type in the same data can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the best price on car insurance.
Online rates the easy way
The easiest way to lower your rates uses one simple form that gets prices from several different companies. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates form submissions, and makes comparison shopping much more enjoyable. After your information is entered, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the resulting price quotes. If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process takes less than 15 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, click here and submit your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Kansas?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Quote more, save more
When getting , never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
Budget-friendly car insurance is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so get from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.