Price shopping your Greenbrier car insurance is nearly impossible for drivers who have little experience buying insurance online. When there are so many insurers available, it can quickly become a difficult challenge to find better rates.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes quite often since rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best rate six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Pricing more affordable protection in Greenbrier is easy if you know what you’re doing. Arkansas vehicle owners just need to learn how to get comparison quotes on the web.
Lowering your car insurance rates can be quick and easy. Consumers just need to take a few minutes comparing rate quotes to find out which insurance company has . Price comparisons can be done using a couple different methods.
- One of the fastest ways to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for boring form submissions for each company. In just a few minutes this one form compares rates from multiple low-cost companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- Another way to shop for car insurance online requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Auto-Owners, GEICO and GMAC. To do that, you would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why first method is reommended.
To view a list of companies in Greenbrier, click here.
- The least efficient and most time consuming way to find lower rates is making phone calls or going to all the different insurance agencies. Quoting online makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get prices online but still have the advice of a local agent.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be sure you’re using nearly identical quote information on every price quote you get. If your comparisons have different data you can’t possibly find the best deal in Greenbrier.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked about before being credited.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can get you a discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find .
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your .
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you with certain companies.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn cheaper premium rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, membership and employees, air bags, daytime running lights, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, group or association, and student away at school.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, and good student.
- Esurance has discounts for Switch & Save, defensive driver, multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, and anti-theft.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, multiple policy, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, good student, and accident-free.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask every company the best way to save money. Some discounts may not be offered everywhere. For a list of car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Greenbrier, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Greenbrier insurance agents?
Certain consumers still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to agents in your area that can give you for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to your email. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How are they compensated?
When looking for an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agents in Greenbrier are considered either captive or independent. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Captive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be captive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Captive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are captive insurance agents in Greenbrier that are able to give price quote information.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 167 S Broadview St – Greenbrier, AR 72058 – (501) 679-6480
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Greenbrier independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Thomas Insurance – 140 S Broadview St – Greenbrier, AR 72058 – (501) 679-3504
- Brock Rowell Agency – 154 S Broadview St – Greenbrier, AR 72058 – (501) 679-1234
- KIRK Benita Insurance – 220 S Broadview St – Greenbrier, AR 72058 – (501) 679-6241
For more insurance agents in Greenbrier, you can link to this list of Greenbrier, AR insurance agencies.
If you receive reasonable responses for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide car insurance.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Arkansas?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Eight tips to get lower Greenbrier car insurance prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in better car insurance rates.
- Only buy what you need – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that can add up when buying car insurance. Coverages for personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Location can impact price – Residing in a rural area can save you money when buying car insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims. Residents of big cities regularly have more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Discounts for married drivers – Your spouse can get you a discount compared to being single. It is viewed as being more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Gender and car insurance – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Reduce car insurance rates by driving safer cars – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
- Do you work long hours in a demanding vocation? – Occupations such as doctors, architects and dentists are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work situations and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Raising deductibles lowers prices – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, hail damage, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Advanced theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Save $453 a year. For real?
Arkansas consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all make an identical promise that people will save if you switch to them.
That’s great but how can every company claim to save you money?
Most companies provide the lowest rates for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a profitable insured could be over age 30, has few claims, and has a high credit rating. Any driver who fits that profile will probably get cheap rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Insureds who do not fit these standards may be forced to pay higher prices and ends up with the customer not buying. The trick is to say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. This is how companies can make claims like that. Because every company is different, you absolutely need to compare price quotes frequently. It’s impossible to know the company that will have the best premium rates for your profile.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just showed you many ideas to save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium or unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More affordable car insurance can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies.
Additional consumer information websites
Additional detailed information can be read at the Arkansas Insurance Department website. Consumers can report car insurance fraud, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, read industry bulletins, and find disaster information.