Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced auto insurance? Believe me, there are many people just like you.
Since consumers have many auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be challenging to locate the right car insurance company.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the lowest rates two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the easiest way to buy cheaper auto insurance.
More discounts equal less premium
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Devils Lake may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- E-sign – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Devils Lake, click here.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Learn more today
Additional information is available on the website for the North Dakota Insurance Department found here. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, read consumer alerts, and report car insurance fraud.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cheap auto insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many Devils Lake insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.