Are you burned out from not being able to afford to buy car insurance? You are no different than many other Georgia consumers. You have multiple auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to locate the cheapest rates.
It’s a good idea to compare rates before your next renewal because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can search a lot of car insurance out there, but in this article, you’re going to get some of the best ways to save money.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Loganville is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Nevertheless, Georgia car owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Free Loganville car insurance quotes
There are a lot of ways to compare car insurance quotes, but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking about coverages with insurance agencies in Loganville, or you can stay home and use the internet to maximize your effort.
Most car insurance companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on that data. This saves time by eliminating quote forms for every car insurance company.
To use this form to compare rates click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to using this type of form is you cannot specify the companies you want to price. If you wish to select individual companies for rate comparison, we have a page of car insurance companies in Georgia. Click here to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make absolute certain that you use exactly the same quote data on every quote you get. If you are comparing different liability limits you will not be able to get a fair rate comparison in Loganville. Just slight variations in coverage limits may cause a big price difference. It’s important to know that comparing more company’s prices increases your odds of finding lower pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide quotes online, so it’s important to compare prices from them, too.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but some must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used car may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will help lower your policy premium.
Some of the insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To locate companies who offer online car insurance quotes in Georgia, click here.
How to lower your car insurance premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower rates. Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the items used by your company to calculate prices.
- What’s your car’s IIHS safety rating? – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Big city or small town – Being located in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Most companies will award a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Cut premiums and deter theft – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart theives such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent auto theft.
- High performance equals high rates – The performance of the car you drive makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on low performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
More detailed Georgia car insurance information is located at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Georgia consumers can get help finding coverage, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and file complaints about a company.
Car insurance ads are enticing
Popular car insurance providers such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO regularly use television, radio, and online ads. They all state the claim of big savings after switching your car insurance coverage to their company. Is it even possible that every company can make almost identical claims? You have to listen carefully.
Car insurance companies quote the lowest rates for the type of customer they prefer to insure. An example of this type of risk profile may be over the age of 45, has had continuous coverage, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver who matches that profile gets the lowest premium rates and as a result will probably cut their rates if they switch.
Consumers who do not match these standards will probably have to pay a more expensive rate and the customer buying from a different company. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” will save that much if they switch. That is how insurance companies can state the savings. This really illustrates why drivers must quotes as often as possible. It’s impossible to know which car insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented a lot of ways to reduce car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.