Trying to come up with a payment for pricey auto insurance can eat up your bank account and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Comparing cost estimates is a smart way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Drivers have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more challenging to find the lowest rates.
Pay discount rates with these discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Early Switch Discount – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You may see this discount when you get .
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – but some companies like Allstate and Geico will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids living away from home attending college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting , it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not apply everywhere. To see providers with discount rates in Troy, click here.
Car insurance agents can give valuable advice
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Troy who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How are claims handled?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
Captive or Independent: There is a difference
When searching for a local Troy insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent or captive. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agencies are well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a list of captive insurance agents in Troy that can give you price quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 20 South Ln – Troy, OH 45373 – (937) 335-8914
American Family Insurance – 127 W Market St – Troy, OH 45373 – (937) 335-3224
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, you should always include at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Troy independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Steve Cosner Insurance – 171 Finsbury Ln – Troy, OH 45373 – (937) 440-0708
Ryan Agency – 127 W Market St – Troy, OH 45373 – (937) 332-8899
Freeman Groves Insurance – 2840 S County Road 25a – Troy, OH 45373 – (937) 335-9797
Trentine-Walter Agency – 1001 S Dorset Rd # B – Troy, OH 45373 – (937) 339-1190
John J Dugan Agency – 101 W Water St – Troy, OH 45373 – (937) 335-0900
For more auto insurance agents in Troy, see this complete selection of Troy, OH insurance agents.
Read more about Ohio auto insurance
Additional detailed information can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio consumers can get help finding coverage, find out industry alerts, discover disciplinary actions, and report car insurance fraud.
These articles may also be worth reading.
- Troy Auto Insurance Agents Find a Good One Online
- Professional Techniques to Saving Money on Troy Michigan Auto Insurance
- Rock Solid Methods for Finding Cheap Troy, OH Auto Insurance
Cheaper coverage is out there
As you , don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance can be sourced online in addition to many Troy insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.