Shopping for low-cost North Kingstown auto insurance over the internet can seem to be challenging for people who are new to buying insurance online. With so many choices of online companies, how can anyone even start to compare them all to find the cheapest available price?
Buying car insurance in North Kingstown is not rocket science. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. But Rhode Island consumers need to learn the way companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in Rhode Island, follow this link.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Rhode Island?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Rhode Island?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Can’t I compare rates from local North Kingstown agents?
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your information is submitted to agents in your area who will battle for your business. You never need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. Now that’s easy! You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping.
Deciding on a company requires more thought than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Below are North Kingstown insurers that may be willing to give price quotes.
- Abrams Agency Inc – 6828 Post Rd, North Kingstown, RI 02852 – (401) 294-1211
- Wickford Insurance – 38 Brown St, North Kingstown, RI 02852 – (401) 294-3304
- A E Fagan & Assoc Insurance – 50 Apple Tree Ct, North Kingstown, RI 02852 – (401) 884-8499
To view a complete directory of licensed insurance agents in North Kingstown, please click here.
Once you have received satisfactory answers and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance company that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Additional detailed information is located at the Rhode Island Division of Insurance Regulation website. Rhode Island consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
Quote more, save more
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal, poor customer service or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
You just read many ways to get a better price on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with a small local company.
Cheaper auto insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many North Kingstown insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.