Feeling guilty for buying overpriced auto insurance? Believe me when I say many Richfield drivers feel the same as you. With consumers having so many choices, it is very difficult to find the lowest price auto insurance company.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage before your next renewal because rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the lowest rate two years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance out there, but in this article, you’re going to get a lot of great tips on how to lower your auto insurance rates.
You may qualify for discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
To locate insurers with the best auto insurance discounts in Richfield, click here to view.
There are several ways you can shop for auto insurance but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in Richfield, or you could save time and use online quotes to get prices fast.
The majority of car insurance companies belong to an insurance system where prospective buyers complete one form, and each company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for each company you want a rate for. To get comparison pricing now click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly the companies you want to price. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare, we have assembled a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Utah. Click here to view list.
Compare rates however you want, just make absolute certain that you use identical deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to make a fair rate comparison in Richfield.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
When you , do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare auto insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.