Car owners that are new to comparison shopping online may find purchasing is tougher than they thought.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage quite often because rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best rate at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the quickest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
To find cheaper quotes, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from many auto insurance companies in Oregon. By far the easiest way to compare insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. It’s really quite simple and can be done by using one of the methods below.
- The fastest way to find low rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. One form gets rate comparisons from all major companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare and request a quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from USAA, Progressive and Farmers. To do that, you would have to spend time on each company’s site and type in your information over and over, and that explains why we recommend the first method.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Sheridan, click here.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using identical coverage information with each company. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to make a fair comparison in Sheridan. Slightly different insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. Keep in mind that comparing more quotes increases the change that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Oregon?
- Should I buy only the required Oregon minimum liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
For more Oregon auto insurance information
More detailed Oregon auto insurance information can be found at the Oregon Insurance Division website. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, find out industry alerts, view a list of available companies, and file complaints about a company.
These articles may also be worth reading.