Finding cheaper could seem overwhelming if you’re new to price quotes online. But keep reading because finding more affordable quotes is actually fairly simple.
You need to get comparison quotes before your policy renews since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to find better prices and still get good coverage. The purpose of this article is to introduce you to how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. North Carolina drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to find the lowest price online.
Auto insurance policy discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for slightly better prices than normal.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driving class may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies that may offer these discounts are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not apply everywhere. To see a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in North Carolina, click here.
There are a variety of methods you can shop for auto insurance and some are more efficient than others. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to local insurance agents in Spring Lake, or you can stay home and use the web to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the larger companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and each company returns a rated price based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each company. To compare rates now click to open in new window.
The one downside to using this type of system is you can’t choose the companies to get quotes from. If you would rather choose specific providers to request quotes from, we have a listing of the cheapest auto insurance companies in North Carolina. Click here to view list.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but ensure you’re using exactly the same quote data on every quote. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it’s impossible to make a fair comparison in Spring Lake.
Summing up your auto insurance search
Cheaper auto insurance is possible online and with local Spring Lake insurance agents, so you need to with both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to compare auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest prices are with a small local company.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.