Nobody likes having to buy auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high.
Drivers have so many insurers to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to get the best deal.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage quite often since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out how to quote online to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into rates.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse can get you a discount when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Where you live – Living in less populated areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. They both are in accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Auto insurance companies in Georgia give better rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Adjust deductibles and save – The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, or theft. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will give a small break simply for signing on their website.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Carrollton, click this link.
Quote online but still have a local agent
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that is OK! The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your information is submitted to companies in Carrollton who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy! You can find better rates AND an agent nearby.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Two types of Carrollton car insurance agents
When searching for a good Carrollton insurance agent, there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Carrollton agents are categorized either captive or independent.
This type of agents can only place business with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Carrollton captive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
State Farm Insurance – 801 Old Newnan Rd – Carrollton, GA 30116 – (770) 834-2041
Allstate Insurance – 503 Bankhead Hwy – Carrollton, GA 30117 – (770) 832-3275
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are independent agents in Carrollton that are able to give price quote information.
Alfa Insurance Corp – 817 Bankhead Hwy # E – Carrollton, GA 30117 – (770) 836-3779
Southland Insurance – 112 Corporate Dr – Carrollton, GA 30117 – (770) 834-7631
Tammie Pero-Lyle Agency – 102 Trojan Dr # A – Carrollton, GA 30117 – (770) 830-9511
Direct General Ins Agency – 1004 Bankhead Hwy – Carrollton, GA 30117 – (770) 830-9419
Tina Cross Agency – 111 College St – Carrollton, GA 30117 – (770) 830-0700
To view a full list of insurance agents in Carrollton, simply jump to this page.
Once you have reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Additional detailed information can be read at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Consumers can view agent and company licensing information, learn about specific coverages, read state legal mandates and laws, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
The following information may also be useful.
- Tips to Finding a Good Insurance Agency in West Carrollton
- Online Quotes for Carrollton Texas Auto Insurance Companies
Online plus local equals savings
Discount auto insurance can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Carrollton, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.