If you are new to getting , you can easily be confused by the crazy number insurance agents and companies all promising to save you money.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can learn to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Pricing the best auto insurance in Oak Grove is easy if you know what you’re doing. Kentucky drivers only need to know the most efficient way to shop on the web.
How to buy auto insurance in Oak Grove, Kentucky
Most companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get coverage price quotes on their websites. Getting quotes is pretty painless as you simply enter your coverage information on the page. Behind the scenes, their quoting system collects your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
Online price estimates makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to different websites and complete many quote forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to find the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
Compare rates the easy way
The easiest way to find cheaper rates is to use a quote form that analyzes rates from a lot of companies. It saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online shopping a lot less work. After your information is entered, it is rated and you can select any or none of the price quotes you receive. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process takes just a few minutes to complete and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the coverage information identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have rate quotes based on identical coverages.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Online Discount – Certain larger companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on the internet.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Life Insurance – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a . Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, daytime running lights, air bags, federal employee, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
- Travelers discounts include multi-policy, student away at school, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, and multi-car.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, homeowner, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- AAA has savings for good student, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, and multi-policy.
When getting , it’s a good idea to every company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Oak Grove. For a list of insurers who offer cheap auto insurance quotes in Kentucky, click here.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Even more information can be found at the Kentucky Department of Insurance website. Kentucky consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, get help finding coverage, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and learn about specific coverages.