No normal person loves paying for car insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high. Popular companies such as State Farm, Geico and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes periodically since prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the best deal a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Learn how to lower your car insurance prices
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Costs for guys may be higher – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are responsible for fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Your spouse may cut your premiums on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Cheap premiums for being claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in New Hampshire give the best rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Your location is a factor – Having an address in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densly populated areas have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Many insurance companies will give better rates to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Your job can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupational choices like fire fighters, executives and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest average rates due to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Other jobs such as farmers, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Miles impacts prices – The higher the miles on your car annually the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Verify your declarations sheet is showing the correct driver usage.
There are multiple methods to compare car insurance quotes, but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You could waste a few hours talking about coverages with insurance agencies in Pembroke, or you could save time and use online quotes to get prices fast.
Most of the larger companies participate in an industry program that enables customers to submit their information once, and every company returns a rated price determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for every car insurance company.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance click here to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly the insurers you want to price. If you would rather choose individual companies to compare, we have assembled a list of companies who write car insurance in New Hampshire. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just compare nearly identical coverage data for every company. If each company quotes different values for each quote it will be nearly impossible to make a fair comparison in Pembroke. Even a minor difference in coverage limits could throw off the whole comparison. Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
Earn discounts on Pembroke car insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on the internet.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger car insurance companies have a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for buying a new policy early. The savings is around 10%.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
To locate providers offering car insurance discounts in Pembroke, click this link.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in New Hampshire?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
More information can be read on the New Hampshire Insurance Department website located here. Consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, read industry bulletins, and find disaster information.
More related Pembroke car insurance information:
- 10 Simple Ways to Reduce Auto Insurance Costs in Pembroke Pines, FL
- Compare Car Insurance Rates From Pembroke Pines Insurance Agents
Best coverage at the best price
Lower-priced car insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Pembroke agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.