No one likes paying for car insurance, especially when the cost is way too high. Online insurance companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive continually hit you with advertising and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance in Rawlins, WY
Lowering your car insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. Just take a few minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The fastest way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. A single, simple form compares rates instantly.
- A less efficient way to find lower rates is going to each company website and request a quote. For instance, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, Safeco and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Rawlins, click here.
- The most time-consuming way of getting rate comparisons is to spend time driving to different Rawlins agent offices. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you want the trained guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can comparison shop online and still use a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use identical coverages and limits for every company. If you are comparing different deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Rawlins.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of companies with discount car insurance rates in Rawlins, follow this link.
Car Insurance through a local agent
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Rawlins who will battle for your business. There is no reason to drive around as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. How cool is that?!
Selecting a company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they full-time agents?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How long has their agency been open in Rawlins?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Insurance agents in Rawlins come in two varieties
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Rawlins can either be captive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it may influence buying decisions.
This type of agents are contracted to one company and examples are Liberty Mutual, Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captives are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below are captive insurance agencies in Rawlins who can help you get comparison quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 205 W Cedar St – Rawlins, WY 82301 – (307) 324-6677
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are independent agencies in Rawlins that can give you comparison quotes.
Dabb Insurance – 316 E Cedar St – Rawlins, WY 82301 – (307) 324-4755
Brown Agency Inc – 600 N Higley Blvd – Rawlins, WY 82301 – (307) 324-2100
Allen Insurance and Real Estate – 501 W Buffalo St – Rawlins, WY 82301 – (307) 324-6611
For a complete listing of licensed insurance agents in Rawlins, please go to this site.
After receiving reasonable responses and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Rawlins?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
More detailed Wyoming car insurance information can be read at the Wyoming Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find out industry alerts, and view a list of available companies.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Lower-priced car insurance is definitely available online and with local Rawlins insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
We covered many tips how you can get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.