If shopping for is new to you, chances are good that you are baffled by the large number local agents and online companies that all promise to save you money.
Finding car insurance in Woodridge
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get coverage prices on the web. Getting online rates is quite simple as you just type in your personal and coverage information on the page. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on the information you submitted.
Online quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to multiple sites and type in your information can get tiresome after awhile. But it is imperative to do this in order to find lower prices.
The easy way to compare rates
The smarter way to find cheaper rates uses one simple form that gets prices from several different companies. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable. As soon as you send your information, it gets priced and you are able to buy any of the returned quotes. If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and may save quite a bit of money.
In order to use this form to compare rates, simply click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Take advantage of with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list all disounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you depending on your car insurance provider.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance on a new car may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their company to study vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Organization Discounts – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Theft Deterent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to view insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Illinois, follow this link.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Illinois Department of Insurance website. Illinois consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, view agent and company licensing information, and file complaints about a company.