Shopping for affordable Brentwood auto insurance on the web can be somewhat difficult for people who are new to comparison shopping online. Since there are so many companies competing online, how can Brentwood drivers possibly compare the different rates to find the best available rates?
Finding cheaper coverage in Brentwood is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Tennessee drivers only need to know how to compare company rates online.
Where Can I Get Cheap Brentwood Auto Insurance?
Getting a lower price on insurance can be quick and easy. Drivers just need to invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This method keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form will return quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A more time consuming way to get quotes online consists of visiting each company website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want rates from Progressive, Allstate and State Farm. You would have to visit each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in Brentwood, click here.
- The least efficient way to get comparison rates is to waste gas driving to different Brentwood agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the professional advice of a licensed agent. However, consumers can price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare exactly the same coverages and limits with every price quote. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to make an equal comparison in Brentwood.
These discounts can lower your rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount depending on your company.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
Learn How to Lower your Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Tennessee give cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes cause accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a ton of extra coverages you can purchase on your policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
What about using a local agent?
Certain consumers just want to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local businesses is definitely important in Brentwood.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Brentwood who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. How’s that for easy!
Compare rates from both independent and captive auto insurance agents
When searching for a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Brentwood are either captive or independent. While both can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are Brentwood independent agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Benton White Insurance – 7000 Executive Center Dr # 115 – Brentwood, TN 37027 – (615) 377-1212
- Roger L Horne Agency – 215 Ward Cir # 102 – Brentwood, TN 37027 – (615) 371-9000
- Thorton and Harwell Agency Inc – 9015 Overlook Blvd – Brentwood, TN 37027 – (615) 661-8628
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 5301 Virginia Way # 200 – Brentwood, TN 37027 – (615) 373-9555
- Flowers Whitson Agency – 7061 Moores Ln – Brentwood, TN 37027 – (615) 373-9292
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Captive agencies are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often choose to use a captive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Brentwood captive insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Shelter Insurance – 246 Wilson Pike Cir – Brentwood, TN 37027 – (615) 377-3335
- State Farm Insurance – 246 Wilson Pike Cir – Brentwood, TN 37027 – (615) 371-1234
- Allstate Insurance Co – 7061 Moores Ln # 200 – Brentwood, TN 37027 – (615) 373-9292
- Liberty Mutual – 214 Centerview Dr – Brentwood, TN 37027 – (615) 377-8856
- Farmers Insurance Group – 215 Centerview Dr # 100 – Brentwood, TN 37027 – (615) 371-8860
For a complete listing of auto insurance agents in Brentwood, visit this site.
Choosing a car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Once you have satisfactory answers to all your questions and a good coverage price, you may have just found an insurance agent that will service your policy.
Much more information about auto insurance in Tennessee can be found on the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance website found here. Visitors are able to find out which companies have the most complaints, find disaster information, find out industry alerts, and find a variety of consumer forms.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to reduce auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Cheap auto insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Brentwood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.