Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can dwindle your bank account and put a big crunch on your finances. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to help make ends meet. With so many companies and agents to choose from, it is very difficult to find the lowest price insurance company.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because prices are constantly changing. If you had the lowest rates a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you the best ways to quit paying high auto insurance rates.
Finding affordable coverage in Chickasha is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using this information. Oklahoma drivers just need to know the proper methods to compare price quotes online.
These discounts can slash auto insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
There are a lot of ways to compare auto insurance quotes, but there is one way that is easier and takes less work. You could spend the better part of a day talking to local insurance agents in Chickasha, or you can stay home and use online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in an industry program that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and each participating company returns a rated price determined by their information. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for each company.
To use this form to compare rates click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to using this type of system is that you can’t choose which insurance companies to get pricing from. So if you want to select specific providers to compare, we put together a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Oklahoma. Click here for list of insurance companies in Oklahoma.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you are comparing identical coverages with every price quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate in Chickasha.
Educated Consumers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your rates.
- Your location is important – Residing in a rural area has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances means more change of being in an accident.
- Save money with special equipment – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Your auto insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as judges, social workers and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like pilots, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
- High performance equals high price – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Small economy passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – Car insurance companies in Oklahoma give discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Liability insurance protects assets – The liability section of your policy is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Oklahoma?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Affordable insurance is out there
You just learned many tips how you can lower your auto insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
The cheapest auto insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Chickasha agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Learn more today
Additional detailed information can be found at the Oklahoma Insurance Department website. Oklahoma consumers can read consumer alerts, file complaints about a company, view a list of available companies, and find a variety of consumer forms.