Locating lower priced Daly City auto insurance on the internet may be rather difficult for consumers that are relatively new to comparing rates and buying auto insurance on the web. With literally dozens of companies competing online, how are consumers able to efficiently compare every possible option in order to find the lowest rates?
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Buying affordable auto insurance in Daly City is simple if you know the tricks. But California consumers do need to learn how insurance companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Get lower-cost prices by understanding these factors
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Save money with responsible credit – Having a good credit rating is a big factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your vehicle by improving your rating. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have bad credit.
- Women tend to take less risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both genders cause fender benders at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Youthful drivers cost more – Young drivers in California have a tendency to be easily distracted behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older people have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Getting married can save you money – Walking down the aisle may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Many insurance companies will award lower prices to policyholders that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, consumers should still comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save money even if you insure with multiple companies
- Type of car determines base prices – The make and model of the car or truck you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your rates. Lower cost passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
How much does auto insurance in Daly City, CA cost?
To get , there a variety of ways to compare prices from many available auto insurance companies in California. The best way to find cheaper rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- One of the best ways to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests for every prospective company. Just one form gets insurance cost estimates from all major companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- Another way to compare prices requires a trip to the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Auto-Owners, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. In order to compare rates, you need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which can be really labor intensive.
To view a list of companies in Daly City, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but be certain you are entering the exact same information with each company. If you use different data you will not be able to make a fair comparison in Daly City. Just slight variations in coverage limits may result in large price differences. Just remember that comparing more quotes increases your odds of finding the best rates. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you also need to get price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
Auto insurance myths debunked
Auto insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive consistently run television, radio, and online ads. All the companies advertise the message that people will save if you change your coverage to them. It sounds good, but how can they all sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of insured that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable risk profile might have to be between the ages of 30 and 45, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Anybody that matches those criteria is entitled to the best price and will most likely save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who fall short of the requirements may receive a higher rate with the end result being the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state “customers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save the amount stated. That’s the way insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote. Different companies use different criteria so you need to compare often. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest prices.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates
Some providers don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you .
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors can get better auto insurance rates.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you with certain companies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a class that teaches safe driver techniques can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, multiple policy, defensive driving training, accident-free, safe vehicle, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, TimeAway discount, good student, air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and mySafetyValet.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, pay-in-full, good student, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, driver training, anti-theft, military active duty, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for annual mileage, professional/association, good student, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, accident-free, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for business and professional, pay in full, switch companies, teen driver, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, and youthful driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not be offered in Daly City. If you would like to see a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in California, click here.
Even more information can be found at the California Department of Insurance website. Consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, discover disciplinary actions, file complaints about a company, and read industry bulletins.
The following information may also be useful.
A tidy conclusion
Cheaper auto insurance is attainable both online in addition to many Daly City insurance agents, so get from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund or even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
You just learned some good ideas how you can get a better price on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.