Scraping up a payment for overpriced car insurance can drain your checking account and force you to make sacrifices. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to slash your bill and have more diposable income. Lots of insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the cheapest price
You should make it a habit to compare prices yearly because prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest price six months ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance on the internet, so I’m going to show you the easiest ways to find cheap car insurance.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Fort Wayne is easy if you know what you’re doing. Indiana drivers only need an understanding of the tricks to buy car insurance on the web.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings on car insurance.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than less cautious drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-37.jpg" alt="Fort Wayne car insurance quote”/>
Comprehensive Fort Wayne Car Insurance Comparison
All major car insurance companies give prices directly from their websites. This process is quite simple as you simply enter into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system orders reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information. Quoting online makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest car insurance rates.
Compare rates the easy way
The smarter way to compare rates makes use of a single form that gets prices from more than one company. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online quotes much more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any of the resulting price quotes. If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase coverage. It takes 15 minutes at the most and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To compare rates using this form now, click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will have a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
Smart shoppers get results
You just read some good ideas how to lower your car insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective car insurance can be bought both online and with local Fort Wayne insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.