Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can overdraw your checking account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Numerous car insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest cost out there.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Finding affordable coverage in Jeannette is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania vehicle owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
What coverages do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Jeannette?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-55.jpg" alt="Pennsylvania car insurance prices”/>
Local Jeannette agents and car insurance
Certain consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Jeannette.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Jeannette who will battle for your coverage. You never need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
The following are agents in Jeannette that may be willing to give comparison quotes.
James Graham Insurance – 325 Harrison Ave, Jeannette, PA 15644 – (724) 527-2300
C Don Graham Insurance – 543 Lowry Ave, Jeannette, PA 15644 – (724) 527-5111
Allstate Insurance – 900 Lowry Ave, Jeannette, PA 15644 – (724) 522-1015
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Upon receiving reasonable responses as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to a company that meets your needs to provide car insurance coverage.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
GEICO, State Farm and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the companies make an identical promise that you can save if you switch your policy. How can each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For example, a profitable customer could be between 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. Any new insured who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Drivers who don’t measure up to these standards will be quoted more money which leads to business not being written. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why you should get as many comparisons as possible. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest rates.
More information is located on the website for the Pennsylvania Insurance Department. Click here for link. Consumers can download brochures, view agent and company licensing information, and discover disciplinary actions.
Smart shoppers get results
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.