Locating the lowest cost Marion car insurance is rather difficult for consumers that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing rates on the web. With such a large choice of insurance companies available, how can consumers efficiently compare each option to find lower car insurance premiums?
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Some providers don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you .
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Student in College – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will definitely lower your policy premiums.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple autos.
- Geico has discounts for five-year accident-free, seat belt use, daytime running lights, good student, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, teen driver discount, safety features, newly married, and new vehicle discount.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, and air bag.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Marion. To see a list of companies who offer free car insurance quotes in South Carolina, click here to view.
Most major insurance companies such as Allstate, Geico and Progressive give prices online. Doing online quotes is pretty painless as you simply enter your coverage information into the quote form. Once entered, the company’s rating system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices but the work required to visit several different sites and type in your information is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the best price possible.
The smarter way to find lower prices uses one form that gets price quotes from a bunch of companies at once. It saves time, requires less work, and makes online price comparison a lot less work. After sending your information, it is quoted and you can choose your choice of the quotes returned.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. This process just takes a couple of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
If you want to compare rates now, simply click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding . You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices or questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is easier than you think.
Lower-priced car insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Marion, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and these regional carriers sell through independent agents.