Finding lower rates for Auburn auto insurance is always nearly impossible for beginners to shopping for insurance online. You have so many options available that it can quickly become a challenge to find lower rates in Auburn.
These discounts can slash auto insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but some must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Costs in Auburn
Most major insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. The process doesn’t take much effort as you just type in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the work required to visit multiple sites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the best price on auto insurance.
There is an easier way!
The quickest way to find better auto insurance pricing uses one simple form to obtain quotes from many companies. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online quotes much more efficient. After your information is entered, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any of the resulting price quotes.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes just a few minutes to complete and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To compare rates now, click here and complete the simple form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will receive comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
How your Auburn rates are determined
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder auto theft.
- A clean driving record saves money – Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with serious tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Maine give discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Maine?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Online plus local equals savings
People switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
We covered some good ideas how you can shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Maine auto insurance information
Additional information is located on the Maine Bureau of Insurance website through this link. Maine consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find out which companies have the most complaints.