Cutting costs on Holly Springs auto insurance could be slightly frustrating for drivers new to buying insurance online. With such a large number of agents and companies in the marketplace, it can easily turn into a big hassle to find the best price in Mississippi.
Why you might pay higher rates in Holly Springs
It’s important that you understand some of the things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
- Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Economy passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Stay claim-free and save – Auto insurance companies in Mississippi provide better rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Consider raising physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Accidents increase rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Even one moving violation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who get license-revoking citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- More policies can equal more savings – Most larger insurers afford lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still save more without the discount by splitting coverages up.
Don’t overlook these auto insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a driver safety class could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Sign Online – Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on your computer.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable driving data collection to study driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Buy New and Save – Putting coverage on a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
Remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
Insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
If you want , ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered everywhere. To view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Holly Springs, click here to view.
Learn more today
Even more information can be read at the Mississippi Insurance Department website. Consumers can report car insurance fraud, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find a variety of consumer forms, and view agent and company licensing information.
A little work can save a LOT of money
More affordable auto insurance can be sourced online in addition to many Holly Springs insurance agents, so you need to with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers work with independent agencies.
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for auto insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding . You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.