Finding lower rates for Lynnwood auto insurance is always a challenge for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. You have so many options that it can turn into a real challenge to find lower rates in Lynnwood.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage at least once a year since insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest price a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Lynnwood is quite easy. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Washington consumers only need an understanding of how to compare rates online.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Costs in Lynnwood
All the larger auto insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm quote prices on their websites. The process is pretty easy as you just enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, their system requests your credit score and driving record and returns a price.
Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to do this if you are searching for the lowest price.
The quickest way to compare auto insurance pricing uses one simple form to get prices from a lot of companies. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes rate comparisons much simpler. As soon as you send your information, it is quoted with multiple companies and you can pick any of the quote results. If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To get comparison pricing now, click here to open in a new tab and fill out the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you’re receiving rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
More discounts equal less premium
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount very well, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-13.jpg" alt="Lynnwood WA insurance quotes“/>
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in high school.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To choose insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Washington, click this link.
Tips to Get Lower Lynnwood Rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine prices.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- More miles equals more premium – The more you drive every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Being married is a good thing – Getting married actually saves money on auto insurance. It is viewed as being more mature and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, business owners and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as farmers, engineers and performers pay the least.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Where you live can impact rates – Being located in a rural area can save you money when buying auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Do drivers who switch really save $390 a year?
Washington consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings from the likes of Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads make an identical promise that you can save if you move your coverage to them.
How do they all make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a desirable insured might be between the ages of 40 and 55, owns a home, and has a short commute. Any driver who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who fall outside the requirements will be quoted more money and ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That is how companies can truthfully claim big savings. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to compare many company’s rates. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest rates.
Quote often and quote early
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can save on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be pretty painless.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
More information about auto insurance
Additional detailed information is located at the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Washington drivers can view agent and company licensing information, read state legal mandates and laws, file complaints about a company, and learn about specific coverages.