Are you tired of scraping the payment together to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other consumers in Washington. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the lowest price
Consumers need to quote other rates before your policy renews since insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the lowest rate two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable coverage in Battle Ground is quite easy. Washington drivers just need to learn the proper methods to get comparison rates on the web.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons is to understand car insurance companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like if the vehicle is leased, if you’re married, any included safety features, and your general credit rating. Your information gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates instantly.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and enter your zip code.
The ad said I’d save $427 a year!
Washington consumers constantly see and hear ads that claim the cheapest rates by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads make the point that you’ll save big if you get a free and switch your policy.
How does every company lower your rates? This is the trick they use.
Insurance providers have strict underwriting profiles for the type of insured that will be a good risk. An example of a preferred risk might have to be a married male, has never had a policy lapse, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any driver who matches that profile will probably get cheap auto insurance rates and have a good chance to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who fall short of this ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher premium rates and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick companies use is to say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Different companies use different criteria so drivers must do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because you cannot predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Battle Ground car insurance quotes
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you get a quote, but occassionally some discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Professional Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring several vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable data collection to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Battle Ground, click this link.
Additional information can be read on the website for the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner located here. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, report car insurance fraud, learn about specific coverages, and view a list of available companies.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
In this article, we presented many ways to reduce car insurance premium rates online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest premium rates come from a small local company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
A few companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through local independent agents. Low-cost car insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Battle Ground, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.