Trying to find cheaper Forest Lake car insurance can be a challenge for drivers who are beginners to online rate comparisons. With such a large number of insurance companies available, it can be a challenge to find better prices.
You should make it a habit to do price comparisons once or twice a year since insurance prices change frequently. Just because you had the lowest quotes last year you can probably find a lower rate today. There are lots of tips to save on car insurance online but you can learn some guaranteed methods to lower your car insurance premiums.
Getting a more affordable price on insurance isn’t really that difficult. The only requirement is to spend a little time comparing from some recommended companies. You can get a good selection of rate quotes in several different ways.
If you’re in a hurry, the quickest way to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This quick form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. A single, simple form will get you rate comparisons from car insurance companies with the best prices. This is by far the quickest method.
A more difficult way to shop for car insurance online is to take the time to go to each company website and repeat the quote process. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want rates from State Farm, Liberty Mutual and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to spend time going to each site individually and enter your policy data, which can get rather old.
For a list of companies in Forest Lake, click here.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just be certain you are entering apples-to-apples coverages for every company. If you enter different deductibles you will not be able to make a fair comparison in Forest Lake.
These discounts can reduce car insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount they offer very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you .
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to sucessfully take a drivers education course in school.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a lower price if you buy life insurance.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, safe vehicle, driver’s education, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- American Family offers discounts for mySafetyValet, good driver, good student, Steer into Savings, and early bird.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-policy, education and occupation, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, membership and employees, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, age of vehicle, annual mileage, good driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, homeowner, teen driver, and business and professional.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Consumer car insurance information in Minnesota
More tips and info about car insurance is available at the Minnesota Department of Commerce website. Consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, learn about specific coverages, read state legal mandates and laws, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.