Are you sick and tired of scraping the payment together to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other consumers.
Because there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to choose the most cost effective insurer.
Compare Orland Park Car Insurance Costs
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes and find the best price. The fastest way to find competitive insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- One of the simplest ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form keeps you from doing boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. A single, simple form gets you coverage quotes from all major companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to analyze rates requires visiting each company’s website to request a price quote. For example, let’s say you want to compare Farmers, Progressive and State Farm. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Orland Park, click here.
- The hardest way to get comparison rates is to drive around to different Orland Park agent offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the personal advice of a local Orland Park agent. It is possible to get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll touch on that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare identical deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If you use mixed coverages it’s impossible to make a fair comparison in Orland Park. Just a small difference in coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that more quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared with bad drivers.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Orland Park can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in Orland Park, click this link.
Aren’t my neighborhood agents an option?
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agencies is important especially in Orland Park.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-104.jpg" alt="Orland Park IL insurance quotes” />
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent.
To select a specific agent in Orland Park, visit this link.
Selecting a company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Upon receiving acceptable answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurer that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Lower the Price of Insurance with These Tips
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the factors that factor into premiums.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married actually saves money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Older drivers save more – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers are known to be less responsible when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Occupations such as lawyers, executives and stock brokers have the highest rates because of high stress and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as pilots, students and retirees get better rates.
- Discounts for multiple policies – The majority of companies give discounts to policyholders who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Credit score is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit is low, you could pay less to insure your by repairing your credit.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Don’t listen to company ads
State Farm and Allstate continually stream ads on television and other media. All the companies make an identical promise of big savings after switching to them. How can each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a desirable insured might be between 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. Any new insured who fits that profile receives the best rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Consumers who don’t meet this ideal profile must pay more money which leads to business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why you should quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know the company that will have the lowest rates.
Compare but don’t skimp
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on car insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the lowest premiums are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional car insurance links
Additional car insurance information can be read on the website for the Illinois Department of Insurance located here. Illinois consumers can learn about insurance regulations, view a list of available companies, read industry bulletins, and file complaints about a company.