Saving money on Winter Haven car insurance is kind of frustrating for drivers not familiar with buying insurance online. When there are so many insurers to choose from, it can turn into a difficult challenge to find cheaper prices in Florida.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because car insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best rate a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn how to use online quotes to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Discounts for lower Florida car insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your .
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Sign Online – A few car insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To find car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Winter Haven, click here to view.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes is to realize almost all companies have advanced systems to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details such as if your license is active, if you require a SR-22, an estimate of your credit level, and whether you are single or married. That information is sent automatically to multiple car insurance providers and they return cost estimates almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Smart buyers know how to buy car insurance for less
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The following are some of the items used by companies to determine rates.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most larger companies provide lower prices to customers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart vehicle theft.
- Safeguard your assets with liability protection – The liability section of your policy provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- High premiums for teenage drivers – Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims , and are generally more financially stable.Youthful drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Do you have a high stress employer? – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like lawyers, business owners and accountants tend to have higher rates than average because of intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, students and performers pay the least.
- Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper – Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are rearending another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Insurance prices and driver gender – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
Some people would rather buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting small agencies is definitely important in Winter Haven.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a local Winter Haven insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Winter Haven are classified as either captive or independent. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, you will want to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
The following are Winter Haven independent agencies who may provide price quotes.
- Dick Lindley Insurance – 211 E Central Ave – Winter Haven, FL 33880 – (863) 299-7755
- Lindsey B Yates Insurance – 5405 Cypress Gardens Blvd – Winter Haven, FL 33884 – (863) 324-2411
- Wayne Carroll Agency – 151 1st St S – Winter Haven, FL 33880 – (863) 401-3922
Captive Car Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are Winter Haven captive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance – 401 1st St S – Winter Haven, FL 33880 – (863) 299-3867
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 221 Avenue O SW – Winter Haven, FL 33880 – (863) 299-3892
To view insurance agencies near you, view this directory of Winter Haven, FL car insurance providers.
Choosing an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Winter Haven?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Florida consumers can’t avoid all the ads that claim the best rates by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies make the point that drivers can save some big amount after switching your coverage.
How can each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Most companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. A good example of this type of risk profile could be between the ages of 40 and 55, has never had a claim, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Anyone who matches that profile receives the best auto insurance rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay higher prices and the customer not purchasing. The wording the ads use say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. This is how companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best rates.
This really drives home the point why you really should compare as many as you can. It is impossible to guess which car insurance company will provide the lowest prices.
Persistent drivers can save
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
We covered a lot of information how to save on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
People switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Additional car insurance links
Additional information can be read on the found here. Consumers can find out industry alerts, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and get help finding coverage.