Feel like you’re a prisoner to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me, there are many Denham Springs consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance. Having so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be hard to choose the lowest cost company.
You should take the time to check auto insurance prices occasionally because rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest rates a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting now, forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the best ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Pricing the lowest cost auto insurance coverage in Denham Springs can be fairly easy. If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to find better prices and still get good coverage. Louisiana drivers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare prices online.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at quote time, but some must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Denham Springs can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
To choose insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Louisiana, click here to view.
How your Denham Springs rates are determined
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more you drive every year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Louisiana?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Online quotes with a local Denham Springs insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Good agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Denham Springs.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Denham Springs who will compete for your business. There is no reason to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier!
What types of auto insurance agents are in Denham Springs?
When finding local Denham Springs agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Agents are classified as either captive or independent. While both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, you should always contact several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
The following are independent agents in Denham Springs that can give you price quote information.
Odom Insurance Inc – 104 N Hummell St – Denham Springs, LA 70726 – (225) 665-8853
Contine Agency – 1318 Florida Ave SW # C – Denham Springs, LA 70726 – (225) 664-3323
Direct General Ins Agency – 1130 S Range Ave # A – Denham Springs, LA 70726 – (225) 664-8800
Klondyke Agency – 132 N Hummell St – Denham Springs, LA 70726 – (225) 665-5406
Jeffrey Taylor Insurance – 8373 King Dr – Denham Springs, LA 70726 – (225) 667-3058
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Captives cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of captive insurance agents in Denham Springs that are able to give price quote information.
Farm Bureau Insurance – 32350 LA Highway 16 # O – Denham Springs, LA 70726 – (225) 686-7216
State Farm Insurance – 206 S Range Ave – Denham Springs, LA 70726 – (225) 664-3336
Shelter Insurance – 603 N Range Ave – Denham Springs, LA 70726 – (225) 664-8100
For a complete listing of captive agencies in Denham Springs, go to this page.
Deciding on an insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Upon getting positive feedback to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Additional reading for auto insurance information
Additional information is available on the website for the Louisiana Department of Insurance found here. Louisiana drivers can learn about specific coverages, learn about insurance regulations, and read consumer alerts.
And the best car insurance company is…
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Affordable auto insurance is available both online and with local Denham Springs insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.