Are you regretting buying an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me, you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse. Numerous insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every company and get the best coverage at the lowest price
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates at least once a year because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Where can I get the cheapest Hallandale Beach auto insurance?
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates can be a lot of work if you don’t understand the fastest way to get free quotes. You could spend your day talking about coverages with agents in Hallandale Beach, or you can utilize the internet to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Many of the larger companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers complete one form, and each participating company provides a quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms to each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to doing it this way is you cannot specify which carriers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we put together a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Florida. Click here to view list.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, try to use equivalent coverages on every price quote you get. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Hallandale Beach. Even a minor difference in limits can make a big difference in price. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance.
Do you qualify for discount auto insurance?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your .
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will help lower the cost of your policy.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, safety features, multi-car, exclusive group savings, good student, and teen driver discount.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, defensive driving training, accident-free, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include safe driver, safe vehicle, air bags, anti-theft, paperless, student away at school, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, air bags, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and driver training.
- SAFECO offers discounts including accident prevention training, homeowner, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Hallandale Beach. To find providers who offer discounts in Hallandale Beach, click this link.
Buying auto insurance from Hallandale Beach insurance agencies
Some people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Hallandale Beach.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to agents in your area that can give you to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Two types of Hallandale Beach auto insurance agents
If you are searching for local Hallandale Beach agents, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Hallandale Beach may be either captive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Hallandale Beach that may be able to give you free price quotes.
ALL City Auto Insurance – 216 N Federal Hwy – Hallandale Beach, FL 33009 – (954) 458-4303
RWA Ross Wyss Agency – 28 SE 2nd Ave – Hallandale Beach, FL 33009 – (954) 454-5483
C and C Insurance East – 1105 E Hallandale Beach Blvd – Hallandale Beach, FL 33009 – (954) 456-7505
Agents of this type are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Captives are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of captive agents in Hallandale Beach that are able to give comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 400 E Hallandale Beach Blvd – Hallandale Beach, FL 33009 – (954) 456-2600
For agents in your area, here is a complete selection of Hallandale Beach Florida insurance agencies.
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents?
Auto insurance can get complicated
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Learn how to get auto insurance cheaper
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that help determine auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates.
- Safety first – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If your car or truck is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Insurance premiums are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower cost passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Always keep your auto insurance policy in force – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Florida motor vehicle department.
- Theft deterrents systems cut prices – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
- Where you reside plays a part – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Cheaper coverage is out there
We covered a lot of tips how to reduce auto insurance car insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price.
Lower-priced auto insurance is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not offer online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
For more information
More information is available on the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website found here. Florida consumers can learn about specific coverages, find out which companies have the most complaints, and read industry bulletins.