If you’re searching for more affordable insurance on the web, do you get overwhelmed by the dozens of car insurance choices in Clovis? Many other people are too. Drivers have so many choices available that it can easily turn into a burden to lower your premium rates. Everyone knows that Clovis is an awesome place to live, but high . car insurance rates can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to stay on budget.
It’s important to price shop coverage before your policy renews since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal last year a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. This information will help educate you on how to get online quotes. California drivers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare company rates online.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes is to understand most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. The one thing you need to do is provide information such as your credit rating estimate, how much education you have, if it has an alarm system, and if you require a SR-22. That rating data is instantly sent to all major companies and they return rate quotes very quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Get lower rates by getting discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be significant discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but occassionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Clovis Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can save you money since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
Many drivers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent. Professional agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agencies is important particularly in Clovis.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Clovis who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Clovis are considered either independent or captive depending on the company they work for. Either one can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Clovis who may provide price quote information.
- Ag Secure Insurance Svc – 734 Magnolia Ave – Clovis, CA 93611 – (559) 297-1646
- Cacioppo Insurance Svc – 12423 E Shaw Ave – Clovis, CA 93619 – (559) 298-1797
- Colonvial Western Agency Inc – 3134 Willow Ave – Clovis, CA 93612 – (559) 291-9031
Captive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the captive channel are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people purchase coverage from captives primarily because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of captive insurance agencies in Clovis that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 3198 Willow Ave # 108 – Clovis, CA 93612 – (559) 291-3198
- State Farm Insurance – 1462 Clovis Ave – Clovis, CA 93612 – (559) 297-7737
To view agencies in your area, you can click for a directory of Clovis insurance agents.
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Lower Clovis car insurance costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most larger companies give a discount to clients who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still be able to find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Gender is a factor – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women have at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can add up if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Costs impacted by vehicle usage – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Autos that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your vehicle rating shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Excellent credit scores equal low rates – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in determining your rates. If your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your vehicle by improving your rating. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
Well known brands might not be cheapest
California consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Progressive, Geico, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to advertise claims about how much you will save just by moving your policy.
How is it plausible that every one can give you a lower rate? It’s all in the wording.
Companies give the best rates for the type of customer that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a preferred risk could be between the ages of 40 and 55, has a low-risk occupation, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who fits that profile gets the lowest premium rates and will also save some money.
Insureds who are not a match for those criteria will be quoted a higher premium and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. The ads say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how companies can state the savings.
Because of this risk profiling, you should do a rate comparison at every renewal. You cannot predict the company that will be your best fit.
One last thing
More affordable car insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Clovis agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just learned some good ideas how to reduce car insurance premium rates online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
For more reading
More information is located on the website for the California Department of Insurance located here. California consumers can report car insurance fraud, read state legal mandates and laws, learn about insurance regulations, and find disaster information.
The following information may also be useful.