Sick and tired of scraping the payment together each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than the majority of other car owners in Missouri.
Many auto insurance companies compete for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to get the cheapest price
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates every six months because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best rates two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to find better coverage at a better price.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these tips. Finding affordable coverage in Independence is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Missouri consumers must comprehend how the larger insurance companies price online insurance.
Auto Insurance Comparison Rates in Independence
All the larger auto insurance companies give coverage price quotes directly from their websites. This process is pretty easy as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, their system gets reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote. Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but having to visit a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to find better prices.
The quickest way to get multiple rate quotes requires only one form to obtain quotes from multiple companies. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes price shopping online much more efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, your coverage is rated and you can select any of the quote results. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process only takes a few minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To compare pricing, simply click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will have rate quotes for exact coverage.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount very well, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who live away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose companies offering auto insurance discounts in Missouri, follow this link.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Missouri?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
To learn even more about auto insurance
More detailed Missouri auto insurance information is located at the Missouri Department of Insurance website. Consumers can view agent and company licensing information, discover disciplinary actions, learn about specific coverages, and file complaints about a company.
Additional helpful sites include Auto Insurance 101 and this link where you can make Independence auto insurance comparisons.