If price shopping is new to you, you may be overwhelmed by the vast number of insurers all promising to save you money.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay less as compared to bad drivers.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their company to spy on driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Early Switch Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for switching to them early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Online Discount – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks on your computer.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount should help lower the cost of your policy.
If you would like to view insurance companies who offer discounts in Louisiana, click this link.
There are multiple methods to shop for car insurance, but some are easier and takes less work. You could spend your day talking about coverages with insurance agencies in Mansfield, or you can utilize the internet to get pricing more quickly.
Many popular insurance companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to submit their information once, and at least one company can give them a price based on that data. This eliminates the need for quote requests for each company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to open in new window.
The single downside to comparing rates this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which providers you want pricing from. If you wish to select individual companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of companies who write car insurance in Louisiana. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverages for every company. If you compare different data it’s not possible to get a fair rate comparison in Mansfield.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Louisiana minimum liability coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Louisiana?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Louisiana?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
You just read some good ideas how to compare car insurance auto insurance rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Cheap car insurance can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, so get from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.