Scraping up a payment for high-priced auto insurance can empty your personal savings and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Multiple insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the best rate
Why smart consumers get better rates in Tahlequah
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Cheaper rates by combining – Lots of auto insurance companies provide a discount to customers that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages – There are many additional extra coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, towing, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
- Lower annual miles equals lower premium – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Do females or males drive better? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Men and women are in accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
- Vocation and insurance rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like military personnelpolice officers and stock brokers tend to have higher premium rates due to intense work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Having a good credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with bad credit.
Do you qualify for discount auto insurance?
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so we break down both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you .
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders these discounts include:
If you are trying to find , ask every company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Tahlequah. If you would like to view insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Oklahoma, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Tahlequah.
After completing this short form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Tahlequah who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Listed below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Tahlequah that are able to give comparison quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 800 S Muskogee Ave, Tahlequah, OK 74464 – (918) 456-8881
Reed Insurance – 2033 Mahaney Ave, Tahlequah, OK 74464 – (918) 456-5251
Mike Brown Agency – 213 Woodlawn Ave, Tahlequah, OK 74464 – (918) 456-0070
Shelter Insurance – 1765 S Muskogee Ave, Tahlequah, OK 74464 – (918) 456-1771
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. A good agent will have answers to these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tahlequah?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How are they compensated?
Can switching companies really save?
Oklahoma consumers can’t avoid all the ads that promise big savings for switching by State Farm and Allstate. All the ads state the claim about savings if you move your auto insurance policy to them.
How do they all charge less that you’re paying now? It’s all in the numbers.
Most companies give the cheapest rates for the type of driver they prefer to insure. An example of this type of risk profile might have to be a female over age 40, has a low-risk occupation, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any new insured that fits those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates in Tahlequah and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will have to pay a higher rate and the customer buying from a different company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “customers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
This really illustrates why you really need to quotes from several different companies. It’s just not possible to know the company that will have the best car insurance rates at this point in time.
Additional resources for Oklahoma consumers
Additional information can be read on the Oklahoma Insurance Department website through this link. Consumers can discover disciplinary actions, learn about insurance regulations, find a variety of consumer forms, and read industry bulletins.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
When you , make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
You just learned some good ideas how you can reduce auto insurance premium rates online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting . You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.