Think you have an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are many people just like you. People have so many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to adequately compare rates.
Consumers should take time to compare premium rates once or twice a year because auto insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
To find cheaper rates, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from different Plainfield insurance companies. The best method to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online. It’s really quite simple and can be done in a couple minutes as outlined below.
- The most efficient way to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for each company. A single form gets you coverage quotes from all major companies.
- A harder way to analyze rates is to take the time to go to the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want rates from GEICO, 21st Century and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site and enter your policy data, which can take a lot of time.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Plainfield, click here.
- The old school way to compare price estimates is to spend your day driving to and from local Plainfield insurance agencies. Quoting and buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional guidance of a licensed agent. You can, however, comparison shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you compare the exact same coverages on every quote you get. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to make an equal comparison in Plainfield. Having just a slight variation in coverages could throw off the whole comparison. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies will enable you to find a better price.
Take advantage of every auto insurance discount
Some companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to sucessfully take a drivers education course as it can save substantially.
- E-sign – Many companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks on the internet.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable their auto insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a . Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for early bird, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, multiple policy, safe vehicle, good student, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including easy pay, defensive driving, business or organization, family plan, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Esurance has discounts for homeowner, good driver, DriveSense, anti-theft, online quote, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, defensive driver, and good student.
Check with each company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Local agents and auto insurance
Many people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Plainfield?
To get additional information on licensed agents in your area, link to this list of Plainfield auto insurance agents.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is the minimum liability in Indiana?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
More detailed Indiana auto insurance information is available at the Indiana Department of Insurance website. Indiana drivers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, file complaints about a company, and read industry bulletins.
The following articles may also be useful.
- Little Known Advice on Lower Plainfield New Jersey Auto Insurance
- Plainfield Car Insurance Company Online Rate Quotes
- Learn How to Pay Less and Get More for Plainfield Car Insurance
Quote often and quote early
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned many ideas to save on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.