Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, you’re not alone. Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to find a good deal.
It’s a good idea to compare rates before your policy renews since rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get some good information on how to quit paying high car insurance rates.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine car insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft.
- Older drivers save more – Teen drivers in Arkansas are known to get distracted easily when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Adding a youthful driver to your car insurance policy can really hurt. More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- One company can mean more discounts – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
How much can you save with discounts?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is definitely important in Conway.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Conway who will give you bids to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy!
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When searching for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies to choose from. Agents are categorized either captive or independent. Either one can write coverage properly, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not locked into one company but rather can write business with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you should always include price quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are independent agents in Conway that can give you price quote information.
Cox Insurance – 650 Amity Rd – Conway, AR 72032 – (501) 327-3912
Joe Pruett Agency – 603 Court St # 2 – Conway, AR 72032 – (501) 327-9222
Darren Rose Agency – 930 Wingate St # D1 – Conway, AR 72034 – (501) 327-0233
Wonder State Insurance – 507 Club Ln – Conway, AR 72034 – (501) 932-0866
Direct General Ins Agency – 405 Oak St # 3 – Conway, AR 72032 – (501) 450-7800
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents write business for a single company like American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Captives cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are captive insurance agencies in Conway that can give you rate quotes.
Shelter Insurance – 930 Wingate St # A – Conway, AR 72034 – (501) 327-3888
Allstate Insurance Co – 1120 Hogan Ln # B – Conway, AR 72034 – (501) 932-7666
State Farm Insurance – 2100 Meadowlake Rd – Conway, AR 72032 – (501) 513-0800
Farmers Insurance Group – 945 Carson Cv # 105 – Conway, AR 72034 – (501) 336-0505
Farm Bureau Insurance – 300 Industrial Blvd – Conway, AR 72032 – (501) 329-5681
To view a complete directory of car insurance agents in Conway, visit this site.
Picking an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Upon receiving positive responses as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that will adequately provide car insurance.
Additional information is available on the website for the Arkansas Insurance Department. Click here for link. Arkansas consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, get help finding coverage, and view a list of available companies.
Cheaper car insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents in Conway, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.