Finding can seem complicated if you are one of the many people new to online quotes. Don’t worry though because there is an easy way to compare rates.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. The purpose of this article is to help you learn how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, Florida vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to price insurance differently.
The majority of larger companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get insurance quotes directly from their websites. Comparing rates online can be done by anyone as you simply enter your coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information.
This streamlines rate comparisons, but the work required to visit multiple sites and type in your information can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for better car insurance pricing.
The easiest way to get multiple rate quotes uses one simple form that obtains quotes from a bunch of companies at once. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online quotes much easier. After sending your information, it is rated and you can choose any of the pricing results.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, click here and submit your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
Take policy discounts and save
Some insurers don’t list the entire discount list very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their than their less cautious counterparts.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Ocoee may earn a discount on your bill.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- No Charge for an Accident – but companies like Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- USAA has discounts for safe driver, vehicle storage, new vehicle, annual mileage, defensive driver, family discount, and loyalty savings.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, and online signing.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance offers discounts for Switch & Save, online quote, online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, good student, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for bundle discounts, mature driver, switch companies, early shopping, multi-car, business and professional, and distant student.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, good student, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and accident-free.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your state.
Much more information about car insurance in Florida is located on the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Click here for link. Florida consumers can learn about insurance regulations, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, view agent and company licensing information, and learn about specific coverages.
Do the work, save more money
Lower-priced car insurance is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to compare car insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.