Sick and tired of not being able to afford each month for car insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other South Carolina consumers.
You have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Compare Car Insurance Today
When shopping for car insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates from different in North Augusta, SCinsurance companies. One of the best ways to compare insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to find low rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This method eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for every car insurance company. Filling out one form will return quotes from car insurance companies with the best prices.
- A more time consuming way to get comparison quotes requires a visit to the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For instance, we’ll assume you want to compare Nationwide, 21st Century and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in North Augusta, click here.
- The least efficient way to get comparison rates is to waste gas driving to local insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. However, consumers can obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverages for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have different values for each quote then you won’t be able to determine the lowest rate in North Augusta. Quoting even small variations in limits could mean much higher rates. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find a lower rate.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Distant Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will cut your premiums.
For a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in North Augusta, click here.
It’s not one size fits all
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Is South Carolina a no-fault state?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Much more information about car insurance in South Carolina is available on the website for the South Carolina Department of Insurance through this link. South Carolina consumers can file complaints about a company, read state legal mandates and laws, and learn about specific coverages.