Tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay car insurance each month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other vehicle owners in Utah. Numerous insurance companies battle for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and uncover the absolute lowest price
Save with with these discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, good driver, safe vehicle, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance includes discounts for Switch & Save, multi-car, claim free, emergency road assistance, and online quote.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new vehicle discount, new move discount, exclusive group savings, safety features, newly retired, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include anti-theft, multiple vehicles, company car, air bags, and mature driver.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, multi-policy, good student, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
When getting , it’s a good idea to every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Utah, click this link.
There are a lot of ways to compare car insurance quotes, but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend the better part of a day talking about coverages with local insurance agents in Tremonton, or you can stay home and use the internet for quick rates.
Most major companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit their information once, and each company then gives them pricing based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quote forms for each company you want a rate for.
To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to doing it this way is you are unable to specify which carriers you will receive quotes from. If you wish to select specific insurance companies to compare rates, we have a page of companies who write car insurance in Utah. Click to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make darn sure you compare the exact same quote information for every quote you compare. If you have different deductibles it will be nearly impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Tremonton. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding the best price. Not every company does price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Utah?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Utah minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Tremonton?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding . Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.