There isn’t anyone who looks forward to buying auto insurance, especially when they are paying too much. Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all claim big savings with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage before your next renewal since prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best quotes six months ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the best way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Many insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide prices for coverage direct online. Doing online quotes is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into a form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system orders information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote determined by many factors. Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit multiple sites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. But it is imperative to do this if you want to find the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
Rate comparisons made easy
A more efficient way to compare auto insurance pricing uses one form that gets price quotes from several different companies. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes rate comparisons much simpler. After sending your information, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the quotes that you receive. If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process just takes a couple of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
If you want to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, click here and submit the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will get a fair comparison based on identical coverages.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t list all their discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a .
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Distant Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Good Student Discount – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, youthful driver, safe driver, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and online quote discount.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, and multi-car.
- American Family offers premium reductions for bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, good student, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, multi-policy, defensive driver, driver training, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, safe vehicle, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, passive restraint, and student away at school.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Compare prices but work with a local Arlington insurance agency
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Arlington who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. A good agent will have answers to these questions.
- How long has their agency been open in Arlington?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is there a local claims center in Arlington?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Arlington insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Captive agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Captives are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to compare prices from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below are Arlington independent agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Norgaard Syverson Insurance – 102 W Ash St – Arlington, SD 57212 – (605) 983-5071
Lemme Insurance – 19553 Us Highway 81 – Arlington, SD 57212 – (605) 983-3939
To view more insurance agents in Arlington, see this full listing of insurance agencies in Arlington, SD.
Additional detailed information can be found at the South Dakota Division of Insurance website. South Dakota consumers can learn about insurance regulations, read state legal mandates and laws, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Arlington
- Follow These Ultimate Techniques for Saving Money on Arlington, TX Car Insurance
- Proven Ways for Getting Low-Cost Arlington Auto Insurance
- Find Rock Solid Methods to Save on Arlington Auto Insurance
Be persistent and save
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered a lot of ways to get a better price on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you , the better chance you’ll have of finding . Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents. Cheap auto insurance is available on the web and with local Arlington insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.