Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of auto insurance company choices in Wheeling? You’re not alone. Consumers have so many choices that it can turn into a ton of work to find better rates.
You need to compare rates at least once a year due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to get good coverage at a lower rate.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
Neighborhood agents for auto insurance
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Wheeling.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Wheeling who will compete for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. How cool is that?! It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Different types of Wheeling insurance agents
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Wheeling can either be captive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
The following is a list of independent agents in Wheeling who can help you get price quote information.
- Bryan Insurance – 2201 Chapline St – Wheeling, WV 26003 – (304) 233-5907
- W A Wilson Insurance – 11 America Ave – Wheeling, WV 26003 – (304) 243-8959
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents write business for a single company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from captives mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are captive agencies in Wheeling that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 1010 National Rd – Wheeling, WV 26003 – (304) 232-1200
- State Farm Insurance – 2001 Main St # 200 – Wheeling, WV 26003 – (304) 233-7244
For a complete listing of captive agencies in Wheeling, simply jump to this page.
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
After receiving positive feedback for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can provide auto insurance coverage.
Learn more about West Virginia auto insurance
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the West Virginia Insurance Commission website through this link. West Virginia drivers can view agent and company licensing information, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
Better coverage you can count on
The cheapest auto insurance can be sourced both online and with local Wheeling insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how you can compare auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices and high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.