Nobody gets a kick out of paying for car insurance, especially when the cost is too high. Because there are so many different company options, it can be challenging to locate the cheapest insurance company.
Consumers should take time to compare prices quite often since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest rates two years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn the tricks you need to know to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
The quickest way to compare rate quotes utilizes the fact car insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide details like how you use your vehicles, your job, if your license is active, and the ages of drivers. Those rating factors is then sent to multiple car insurance providers and they return cost estimates very quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
Beware of misleading car insurance ads
Alabama consumers constantly see and hear ads for car insurance savings from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and Geico. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings if you switch your coverage to them.
How do they all make the same claim? It’s all in the wording.
All companies look for specific characteristics for a prospective insured that earns them a profit. One example of a profitable customer could possibly be between 30 and 50, has no claims, and has a high credit rating. A customer that meets those criteria will probably get cheap rates and as a result will probably cut their rates if they switch.
People who are not a match for the ideal profile will be charged a higher premium which leads to the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “people that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can make it sound like they have such great prices.
Different companies use different criteria so you should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will be your best fit.
Get more affordable costs by understanding these factors
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- A coverage lapse can increase premiums – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Alabama motor vehicle department.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Save miles driven and save money – The more you drive each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on the right rating data.
- Gender and auto insurance rates – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. They both have fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Liability is critical – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Some companies afford better rates for people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – but companies like Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose insurance companies with the best discounts in Hartselle, follow this link.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Hartselle car insurance agents?
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and also buy local. Supporting local agencies is definitely important in Hartselle.
Once you complete this short form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Hartselle who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Listed below are Hartselle car insurance companies that may be willing to give comparison quotes.
Wilson Insurance – 206 Cedar St NW, Hartselle, AL 35640 – (256) 773-5033
Peck-Glasgow Agency Inc – 1612 Highway 31 SW, Hartselle, AL 35640 – (256) 773-2210
State Farm Insurance – 1511 Highway 31 SW # A, Hartselle, AL 35640 – (256) 773-8632
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy, get answers to these questions.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies. Cheaper car insurance can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Learn more today
Additional information is located on the located here. Alabama drivers can file complaints about a company, learn about insurance regulations, and learn about specific coverages.