People not familiar with comparison shopping online will discover shopping for the cheapest Auburn auto insurance is not as easy as it seems.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes at least once a year because rates change quite often. Just because you had the lowest rates a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you how to use online quotes to lower your annual insurance bill.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Resident Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
To choose providers with discount auto insurance rates in Washington, click here.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Save $390 a year. For real?
Auto insurance providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all make the same claim that you can save if you switch to their company. How does each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a desirable insured might be over the age of 40, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who fall outside the requirements will have to pay higher premiums and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can make those claims.
Because of the profiling, you need to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Additional information is available on the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website through this link. Washington drivers can file complaints about a company, read consumer alerts, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Auburn
- Popular Strategies for Buying Auburn Maine Auto Insurance at a Discount
- Find Proven Techniques to Save on Auburn Auto Insurance
Smart shoppers get results
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Auburn agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.