I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to buying car insurance, in particular when the cost is too high.
Many car insurance companies vie for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive best rates possible.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the best deal last year you will most likely find a better rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about car insurance online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn a lot of great tips on how to save money.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of providers offering car insurance discounts in Illinois, click here.
Finding Car Insurance Deals in Aurora, Illinois
All the larger car insurance companies allow you to get prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes is quite easy as you just enter as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. Online price quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find better car insurance pricing.
There is a better way to compare rates
An easier way to find lower prices makes use of a single form to return rates from several different companies. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable and efficient. As soon as the form is sent, it is quoted and you are able to buy your choice of the quotes returned. If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter identical to your current policy. This makes sure you are getting rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Situations that might require an agent
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What are Illinois no-fault laws?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What is the minimum liability in Illinois?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Shop smart and save
Cost effective car insurance is available both online in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare car insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive and Geico.