Finding probably sounds like a formidable task if you are like the majority of consumers and have never used online rate comparisons. But don’t be overwhelmed because using the internet to shop for auto insurance is actually quite easy.
Locating affordable auto insurance coverage in Boone is simple if you know the tricks. In a nutshell, every vehicle owner who has to buy auto insurance most likely will be able to reduce their rates. But North Carolina vehicle owners do need to understand the way companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their company to monitor their driving habits by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Libery Mutual, Geico and Allstate allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, defensive driving training, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, safe vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include business and professional, youthful driver, bundle discounts, teen driver, and homeowner.
- Geico may have discounts that include daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- American Family may include discounts for accident-free, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide includes discounts for business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, good student, easy pay, anti-theft, family plan, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
Double check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in North Carolina, click here.
The majority of larger companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide pricing on the web. Doing online price comparisons is quite simple as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. After you complete the form, their quoting system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on the data you entered.
Online price estimates simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit several different sites and type in the same data gets old quite quickly. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the lowest price.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
The smarter way to find lower prices requires only one form that analyzes rates from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes comparison shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. As soon as the form is sent, your coverage is rated and you can select any or none of the quote results.
If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. This process takes less than 15 minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, click here and fill out the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you will receive a price comparison for exact coverage.
Smart buyers can cut your costs
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
- You might pay more if you are single – Getting married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Marriage may mean you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages – There are a ton of extra coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- City traffic equals higher rates – Having an address in small towns and rural areas can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Fewer people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most larger auto insurance companies allow discounts to insureds that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- The type of car makes a difference – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Bad credit will cost you – Having a bad credit history is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit. People that have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Consumers may even find the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
The cheapest auto insurance can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Additional information is available on the website for the North Carolina Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Consumers can download brochures, learn about specific coverages, find a variety of consumer forms, and report car insurance fraud.