Buying the cheapest Byram auto insurance on the web is impossible for consumers new to online price comaprisons. With dozens of insurers available, how can you effectively compare every company to locate the best available rates?
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Resident Student – Children living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- E-sign – A few companies will give a small break just for signing your application over the internet.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in Mississippi, click here.
Compare Auto Insurance Today
Most major insurance companies quote prices for coverage on their websites. This process is fairly simple as you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Once entered, the system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote based on these and other factors.
Quoting online makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to each company’s website and repetitively complete many quote forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
There is an easier way!
The preferred way to find cheaper rates requires only one form to obtain quotes from a lot of companies. The form is fast, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes price shopping online a lot less work. As soon as the form is sent, your coverage is rated and you can choose any of the quote results. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and buy the policy. The entire process can be completed in a matter of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To save time and compare pricing, click here to open in a new tab and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input your coverages just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
Insurance agents can help
When buying adequate coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Mississippi minimum liability coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Mississippi?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
We just presented many ways to get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
Cost effective auto insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Byram agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.