Are you regretting the purchase of an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are many Carlsbad drivers thinking the same thing. There are many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest rates.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Carlsbad car insurance rates
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a .
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will lower your overall premium however.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, safe vehicle, student away at school, driver’s education, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, bundled insurance, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, education and occupation, pay-in-full, good driver, multi-car, and good student.
- Geico includes discounts for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good student, multi-policy, age of vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include homeowner, alternative fuel, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, good student, multi-car, and distant student.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
Check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state. To see insurance companies who offer free car insurance quotes in California, click this link.
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare prices from many car insurance companies in California. The recommended way to compare rates is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The first (and easiest) way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. Filling out one form gets insurance cost estimates from multiple companies.
- A harder way to get quotes online consists of visiting each individual company website and get a separate price quote. For instance, we’ll assume you want to see prices from Progressive, 21st Century and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to spend time going to each site individually and punch in your information repeatedly, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Carlsbad, click here.
- The old school method to do your price quoting is to waste gas driving to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the professional abilities that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although you can compare the best prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
However you get your quotes, make sure you compare nearly identical quote data for each comparison quote. If you enter higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly find the best deal in Carlsbad. Even a minor difference in insurance coverages or limits could skew the results. Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Don’t give up on lower rates
As you , it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
A few companies may not have rates over the internet smaller providers work with independent agents. Budget-conscious car insurance can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.