Are you drained from scraping the payment together each month for auto insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers in Oklahoma. Companies like State Farm, Geico and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to ignore the propoganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information like if you lease or own, whether you are single or married, if you have a valid license, and if it has an anti-theft system. That rating information gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
Take advantage of every auto insurance discount
Car insurance companies do not advertise every available discount very well, so we researched both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you with select insurance companies.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Clinton, click here to view.
Why smart consumers get better rates in Clinton
Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors that factor into your rate level.
- Vocation stress can affect rates – Careers like lawyerspolice officers and accountants generally pay higher rates than average due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Low credit history equals high rates – Your credit score is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your vehicle if you clean up your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
- How’s your driving record? – Just one ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received license-revoking tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Get rate quotes or from insurance agencies
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Clinton that provide for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on a company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How long has their agency been in business in Clinton?
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Clinton are either independent agents or captive agents depending on their employer.
Captive Insurance Agents
Agents in the captive channel can usually just insure with one company like State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not restriced to one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Clinton willing to provide price quotes.
Wes Cabaniss Agency – 523 N 6th St – Clinton, OK 73601 – (580) 323-4410
Hank Dye Agency – 301 S 6th St – Clinton, OK 73601 – (580) 323-2125
Meyer Insurance – 104 S 7th St – Clinton, OK 73601 – (580) 323-5733
Locke Jerry Insurance – 1906 W Gary Blvd – Clinton, OK 73601 – (580) 323-2170
To choose from more licensed insurance agents in Clinton, click for a page of Clinton insurance agents.
After getting positive responses to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide auto insurance.
Additional detailed information can be read at the Oklahoma Insurance Department website. Oklahoma drivers can read state legal mandates and laws, report car insurance fraud, read industry bulletins, and view a list of available companies.
The following information may also be useful.
- Strategies for Lowering Your Clinton Car Insurance Rates
- Port Clinton Auto Insurance Agents Five Minutes to Find the Best
Quote often and quote early
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Cheap auto insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.